My studies

Study advice and support

As a student, you belong to one of the six KMH departments, on the basis of your study programme. Each department takes care of a lot of various courses and subjects. Each department has a Department Head (prefekt), assisted by one or more Directors of Study (studierektor). In addition, one particular teacher is given a main responsibility for a certain subject or field – for example woodwind instruments or ear training. This teacher is called ”ämnesansvarig”.

Each student is assigned a Mentor, a teacher who is to provide support in your study planning at large, for example to advice you which courses to choose in order to form your individual study profile according to your wishes. The mentor is also to follow up the progress of your studies and to help you on your way to professional life.

The Student Affairs Office

For exchange and guest students, most administrative matters will be handled by the Student Affairs Office.

International students within the regular programmes should turn to the Student Affairs Office in order to register. This is also the place where records of study results are kept and diplomas issued. Here, you can:

  • report change of address, telephone or name
  • get study documentation and certificates
  • apply for a diploma after completed programme
  • apply for study intermission (ask for KMH's policy)
  • cancel your study place

All student administrative matters are referred to, admission matters to

Telephone: 08-16 32 00 Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10-12. 

22 Augusti: The Student Affairs Office opens. Introductory days for new students.

29 Augusti: The Autumn Semester 2016 starts.

If you are in doubt where to ask, the Student Affairs Office will always try to help all international students.

Absence rules

The requirements for attendance varies depending on the course. This should be stated in the syllabus and announced at the beginning of each course.

If you are going to be absent from an individual lesson, please also tell the teacher directly.

If you are unable to take part in the work/performance with an ensemble, you have to find – in consultation with the teacher concerned – a stand-in, so that your absence will not affect the work of the ensemble.

Uppdaterad 2017-01-20