Local admissions round
KMH:s local admissions round applies for the programmes for musicians/singers, conducting and composition, and some freestanding courses. The admissions round coincides with other music colleges in Sweden. The dates stated are approximate.
The admissions round takes place from early December to mid April. It includes admissions to
- performance programmes (musicians/singers)
- conducting programmes
- composition programmes
- freestanding courses with entrance examinations.
Admission round step by step
1 December – 15 January
The first step when you have chosen education is the application. The the registration of applications will be open from the beginning of December, and closes in mid-January.
You submit the application as a whole on universityadmission.se.
Work sample, presentation/resumé and a repertoir list
We request work samples, in some cases also a presentation or CV and a repertoir list, for courses in:
- Music and media production.
Description of what the work sample should contain is on the education page. Send the work samples and more directly to KMH. It shall be available to us no later than 10 days after the closing date, usually around 25 January.
SE-115 91 Stockholm
One copy per programme
If you want to use the same work test for the application for more than one education programme, you must submit one copy per application.
We do not return work samples, repertoire lists, CVs and the like.
You need documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the courses and programmes you have applied for. The documentation may also show that you are entitled to exemptions from the eligibility requirements.
Please read the step-by-step instructions on universityadmissions.se, for how to document your eligibility, with information on what you need to submit, and how your documents must be submitted.
Fees for foreign applicants
Some foreign students are required to pay application and study fees. The last payment date usually is 25 January.
15 January – 10 April
Eligibility check and entrance examinations
This is a longest part of the process, and it consists of several parts:
- KMH verifies general eligibility and certain special eligibility, such as previous exams.
- KMH evaluates work samples for the courses where it is requested.
- KMH sends calls for entrance examinations to applicants, at least 3 weeks before the test takes place. The notice describes which examinations you should do.
- Entrance examinations for the special eligibility takes place, usually in the middle of March. Includes joint music theory tests, so called MT-tests, as well as auditions and local music theory tests.
15 January – 10 April
Meritation and evaluation
Parallell to the eligibility verification. Includes evaluation of entrance examinations and other qualifications for any specific requirements.
On 10 April, KMH will have decided which of the applicants will be accepted. The selection process is, to a certain extent, overwhelmed with the eligibility check.
Notification of admission
Notifications to all applicants are sent out appr. 12 April. The notifications are distributed and managed by universityadmissions.se.