National admissions round
The national admissions round applies for the teacher education, the pedagogical training programmes, the music therapy programmes and some independent courses. The admissions round coincides with th most colleges and universities in Sweden. The dates stated are approximate.
The admissions round takes place from early March until mid July. It includes admissions to
- teacher education
- pedagogical training programmes
- some independent courses.
Admissions round step by step
15 March – 15 April
Registration is open
The first step when you have chosen education is the application. You submit the application as a whole on universityadmissions.se, where you create a personal account.
The registration of applications will open from mid-March and closes in mid-April.
Fees foreign applicants
Some foreign students are required to pay application and study fees. The last payment date usually is 10 May.
15 April – 10 July
Eligibility check, entrance examinations
This is a longest part of the process, and it consists of several parts.
Teacher education and Music Therapy programmes:
- KMH verifies general eligibility and certain special eligibility, such as previous exams.
- KMH sends calls for entrance examinations to applicants, at least 3 weeks before the test takes place. The notice describes which tests you should do. The tests usually takes place late May.
- Entrance examinations for the special eligibility takes place. Includes joint tests, so called G-tests, as well as local tests, L-tests. In addition, control of other specific requirements, if any.
- KMH evaluates the applicant's entrance examinations, grades and other qualifications.
Freestanding courses and pedagogical training
- KMH verifies general eligibility and fieldeligibility.
- KMH verifies prior degree for some courses.
- KMH verifies for other specific requirements, if any.
- KMH evaluates the applicant's grades and other merits.
You need documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the courses and programmes you have applied for. The documentation may also show that you are entitled to exemptions from the eligibility requirements.
Please read the step-by-step instructions on universityadmissions.se, for how to document your eligibility, with information on what you need to submit, and how your documents must be submitted.
The selection process is, to a certain extent, intersected with the eligibility check, mainly the meritation.
The selection of which applicants that will be accepted is completed on 10 July.
Notification of admission
Notifications to all applicants are sent out appr. 12 July. The notifications are distributed and managed by universityadmissions.se.