Digital autumn courses: European Master Classes and Orchestra 1, 2 and 3
In collaboration with Kammarmusikens Vänner, your artistic expression will develop in the meeting with world-leading artists in classical music.
This is a course for those admitted to higher music education, who wants to immerse within playing in an orchestra during summer.
These course instances are independent of location and will be held digitally in autumn 2023.
Study period: 2023-10-02 – 2023-11-12.
Entry Requirements and Selection
General entry requirements for higher education.
Specific entry requirements: Admitted to higher music education in Europe and at least 30 credits from higher music education.
The selection is based on entrance examinations. Places are distributed amongst the instruments to obtain a full-size orchestra.
The course mixes master classes in various form with lectures and seminars. The individual lessons and ensemble rehearsals are central parts of the course.
You will also learn how to describe your experiences as a musician and your other competences in the form of an extensive CV or portfolio. One part of the course covers international networking.
There will be a concert at the end of this course. You must be active and attend classes as well as at least one of the course's concerts. To pass you must have at least 90% attendance.
How to apply
You must have the following items prepared before you start your application:
1. A copy of your passport or identity card.
If you have citizenship in a EU/EEA country, or Switzerland, you must document your citizenship to be exempt from application and tuition fees.
2. Documentation of your earlier studies.
You need to demonstrate that you meet the general and specific entry requirements:
- All applicants need to provide documentation of your completed upper secondary studies including transcripts with courses and grades. For your documents to be accepted, it's important that they've been officially issued by your school. You also need to show you meet the English requirement External link, opens in new window.. Find out what documents are required based on your country of study External link, opens in new window..
- You also need to provide documentation of at least 30 completed credits from higher music education. That means you shall submit your transcript with courses and grades, officially issued from your university External link, opens in new window..
3. A video recording.
The only way to audition is by a video link. The most common tools for this are YouTube. The link must be open, meaning we will not accept applications requiring login details or password, please make sure in advance that your link works and is accessible to avoid any problems. The recording must be of a solo performance (with or without accompaniment). Repertoire is up to you. One piece is enough. Minimum time is 5 minutes.
Please note! If you have already taken all the three courses, we cannot offer you the course.
1. Apply on www.universityadmissions.se within the application period.
The application is open March 31st – May 10th.
If you already have an account on universityadmissions.se, please use the same one and do not make a new account.
Make sure to apply to the right course using these application codes:
Digital autumn courses External link, opens in new window.
European Master Classes and Orchestra 1: KMH-CG12D
European Master Classes and Orchestra 2: KMH-CG16D
European Master Classes and Orchestra 3: KMH-CG13D
2. Provide application documents to your account on www.universityadmissions.se External link, opens in new window. by May 10th.
- Upload documentation of your earlier studies to demonstrate that you meet the entry requirements.
- Upload your passport or ID. You must document your EU citizenship to be exempt from application fee.
3. Send in your video performance directly to Kammarmusikens Vänner External link, opens in new window..
You shall not submit your audition link to universityadmissions.se. Use this link that goes directly to Kammarmusikens Vänner External link, opens in new window..
4. Admissions results on June 8th.
Notifications to all applicants are sent out by universityadmissions.se.