Eligibility through validation of prior learning
If you do not meet the entry requirements through formal qualifications you can apply to get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways. This is also known as a validation of prior learning. KMH will then assess whether you have the proficient skills and knowledge required to pursue studies at the course/programme you wish to apply for.
What is prior learning?
By prior learning is meant your accumulated knowledge and experience, which may have been acquired in different ways, for example through work experience or any other kind of education, training or activities that is not normally included in the eligibility assessment. You can apply for a validation of prior learning to fulfill both general and specific eligibility.
How to apply
- Apply for programmes and courses on universityadmissions.se External link..
- Fill out the form Ansökan om bedömning av reell kompetens/att undantag görs External link. and sign it. Upload the completed form to your account on universityadmissions.se.
- Write a CV with your education and work experience, and a personal letter. In the letter you should
- explain which formal qualifications/grades you lack for eligibility
- describe in what other way you assimilated these skills
- justify why you believe you will be able to complete the education without these formal qualifications/grades.
- Support the skills you describe in your letter with formal documentation. It can be employer certificates, course certificates, program sheet, reviews etc.
- Upload the form and all your documents to universityadmissions.se before the application deadline.
When will I be notified of the results?
The Admissions Office at KMH is responsible for the assessment of your application. We might contact you to complete the documents or to perform some form of validation task.