Entrance Tests for Composition – Western Art Music
When you apply to this programme, you need to take an entrance examination test. Here is everything you need to know to complete the test.
Application code: KMH-27000
Test 1 – Composition Portfolio
The first test is a digital selection that determines which applicants will get to take Test 2. In Test 1, you submit a presentation text with your CV and your degree project proposal, and an artistic portfolio where you present your artistic work.
- Leave a short comment for each submitted work.
- Notated material must be in pdf format.
- The following formats for recordings are allowed: WAV and AIFF
- Mark all files with name, title and year of composition.
- Do not send midi files.
- A well-formulated CV in pdf format where you present your education and other activities that are relevant to the application, as well as
- A written project description or statement of intent in pdf format (maximum 400 words or 3000 characters including spaces) where you describe a project idea for the degree project that you intend to work on and which will result in a final degree project divided into a practical part and a written reflection part.
- Mark the presentation with your name, Swedish identification number (or birth date and year for non-Swedish citizens) and the education programme you apply for.
After you have submitted your application at universityadmissions.se External link, opens in new window. and once the application deadline has passed, you will receive more information via email about how to submit your test to KMH.
Test code: LS 24.0a Arbetsprov komposition
Assessment: The test is qualifying, and the result is evaluated on a pass (1) or fail (0) basis. This test is also the basis of the scoring for the selection in Test 2 – Conversation.
Your result will be notified by email. All passing applicants will proceed to the next test.
Test 2 – Conversation
The admissions jury will conduct a conversation with you where you will have the opportunity to describe your background, such as previous education, special areas of interest, compositional focus, etc. During the conversation, you may also be asked questions about your project idea for the degree project. The conversation will take place on a digital platform such as Skype, Zoom or similar.
Test code: LS 24.6 Arbetsprov, samtal, komposition
Test time: approx. 15 minutes
Assessment: The test is qualifying and the basis for selection. Scores are 0-50 points, with 25 points minimum required for qualifying. Test 1 is also the basis for the selection assessment of Test 2.