Test description for Master, Performance, Swedish Folk Music
When you apply to this programme, you need to take an entrance examination test. Here is everything you need to know to complete the test.
Application code: KMH-15000
Test 1 – Digital audition
This test is a digital audition, that determines which applicants will be selected to take the remaining tests.
Record a video (max. 15 minutes) in which you perform at least three songs/pieces of music of your choice. The performance should take the form of an imagined concert performance and also contain a presentation of the music. You choose the repertoire that best reflects your artistic profile, instrument/vocal technique, and musical ability. The pieces should be performed without sheet music.
You should also write a text presentation that contain both a description of your background and a relatively detailed description of the direction you wish to take in your studies, in the form of a proposed master's project. The presentation should include 500-1000 words and be labeled with your name, and the education you applied for. The presentation must be in pdf format.
After you have submitted your application at www.universityadmissions.se External link, opens in new window. and once the application deadline has passed, you will receive more information via email about how to submit your test to KMH.
Instructions for the video recording
For your video to be admissible, you need to:
- Provide proof of your identity by showing a photo ID card together with your face in the video. State the name of the piece you will perform and the test code.
- Perform your piece. Your face and your hands must be visible throughout the entire video. It should be easy to see both you and your instrument.
- Record your video in one single uninterrupted take. No clips or other edits are allowed.
- It is fine to make your video with a mobile phone, but make sure your setup allows you to record without too much room acoustic, distortion, or noise. All recordings should have good image quality with sharp focus and good light.
- Allowed formats are MP4 or MOV. Try to keep the file size around 500 MB if possible.
If you do not follow these instructions, and we find that your video shows signs of modification, your audition may be disqualified from consideration.
Test code: LS 23.1 Huvudämne fm – Steg 1
Test time: max 15 minutes
Assessment: The test is qualifying, and the result is evaluated on a pass (1) or fail (0) basis. This test is also the basis of the scoring for the selection in Test 2 – Conversation.
Your result will be notified by email. All passing applicants will proceed to the remaining tests.
Test 2 - Conversation
The jury conducts a short digital conversation with you where you explain the motives for your application.
Test code: LS 23.1 Huvudämne fm – Steg 2
Test time: ca 20 minutes
Assessment: The test is qualifying and a basis for selection. 0-50 p, of which 25 p are required for a pass. Test 1 – Digital audition is also the basis of the scoring for the selection.