Exchange student at KMH

KMH welcome incoming exchange students from our partner institutions under the Erasmus+ and Nordplus programme. Your application is handled entirely by your home institution. Contact your local exchange co-ordinator for details about how to get nominated as an exchange student.

Academic calender

Fall term 2017: 28 August –14 January.

Spring term 2018: 15 January – 3 June.

Application and admission

Application for nomination takes place once a year, somewhere between December to March. Applications are made via the European Online Application System, EASY. Ask your local co-ordinator for help and more information about the nomination proceedure.

Courses for international exchange students

We offer about 100 courses that exchange students can choose from. The international coordinator at your home institution will help you find out which of them that may suit you.

See list of courses

Credits and grading system

In Sweden academic credits are called credits (“högskolepoäng” or ”hp”). One semester of full-time studies consists of 30 credits. Swedish credits correspond directly to ECTS credits.

The Royal College of Music (KMH) does not use a grading scale. On completion of a course only one of the following grades is to be used for all students: pass or fail.


KMH offers a small number of courses with all tuition in English language. We do not require a specific result from any language test, such as TOEFL or IELTS, but you are expected to have a high level of proficiency in English. Recommended level accordning to the European langage scale is B2.

Study as a regular student

If you want to become a regular student at KMH and get a full education here, you apply in the same way as Swedish students. Note that Swedish is part of the general eligibility in Sweden for studies at undergraduate level at universities and universities in Sweden, ie also for KMH.