Entrance Tests for Performance – Classical Music, Edsberg
When you apply to this programme, you need to take an entrance examination test. Here is everything you need to know to complete the test.
Application code: KMH–50000
Test 1 – Digital audition
The first audition is digital. This test is a selection that determines which applicants will get to take the remaining tests.
Record a video where you perform 1-2 pieces of your own choice (about 5-10 minutes).
Make a repertoire list with the names of your prepared pieces for the entrance examination (including possible Test 2). Include your personal details and the programme, profile, and instrument for which you are applying. Your repertoire list should be in PDF format.
After you have submitted your application at universityadmissions.se External link. and once the application deadline has passed, you will receive more information via email about how to submit your test to KMH.
Instructions for the video recording
For your video to be admissible, you need to
- Provide proof of your identity by showing a photo ID card together with your face in the video. State the name of the piece you will perform and the test code.
- Perform your piece. Your face and your hands must be visible throughout the entire video. It should be easy to see both you and your instrument.
- Record your video in one single uninterrupted take. No clips or other edits are allowed.
- It is fine to make your video with a mobile phone, but make sure your setup allows you to record without too much room acoustic, distortion, or noise. All recordings should have good image quality with sharp focus and good light.
- Allowed formats are MP4 or MOV. Try to keep the file size around 500 MB if possible.
If you do not follow these instructions, and we find that your video shows signs of modification, your audition may be disqualified from consideration.
Test code: LS 11.0c Uttagning Edsberg/Audition Classical Music at Edsberg
Test time: approx. 10 minutes
Assessment: The test is qualifying, and the result is evaluated on a pass (1) or fail (0) basis. The jury assesses your technical skill and musical performance.
Your result will be notified by email. All passing applicants will proceed to the remaining tests.
Test 2 – Audition main instrument at Edsberg
This test will take place on the Edsberg campus.
For this audition, you will prepare at least three pieces of differing character and from different periods. Parts of multiple-movement works are permitted. For violinists and pianists, one of the pieces should be a Viennese classical movement.
The audition may include a short sight reading test.
Bring a printout of your repertoire list to the audition and give it to the jury. A piano accompanist will be available to you at the audition, bring sheet music for the accompanist. All sheet music should be taped/assembled in advance and ready to use. Do not send any sheet music to KMH in advance of your audition.
Test code: LS 11.1c Huvudämne Edsberg/Main Subject Edsberg
Test time: approx. 15 minutes
Assessment: 0–50 points, pass requires 25 points. This test is a qualifying requirement for admission, and it is also used to rank qualified candidates as part of the selection process.